Instruments4Music ltd are completely committed to protecting any information we hold about you. This includes information you readily provide and other information we may collect about you as part of any transaction or enquiry process. This document explains about how and why we do this.
We only use the data collected from you to process orders, quotations, notify you of important information such as delivery and invoice status or advise you of any additional information that is related to your original interest or that you may have opted in for. We also keep transaction records for the purpose of returns, warranties and product re-calls should they ever arise.
We will also use limited amounts of this information to follow up on any transaction, including asking for a review on our service or products. We will not pass your details to any third parties unless required by law other than to carry out the tasks mentioned above*(see who we share your details with).
Data from orders placed on our website is captured even if you do not complete your transaction. This is so we are able to contact you and offer assistance with your purchasing process if required and to follow up on any interest you have expressed with the company.
Information we collect.
In order to process orders, quotations, retrieve warranty information and correspond with you efficiently we will collect and securely store the following information
NOTE; We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information. We operate secure servers and all sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our PCI DSS compliant Payment gateway provider's systems. At no time during the process is un-encrypted data visible to third parties. Transactions terminate with your card provider
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Contact Telephone Numbers
- Your Email Address
- Any Alternate Contact or Delivery Information You Provide
- Your Subscription Preferences
- Your Order History
The law states there must be a lawful basis for the collection and use of such data. The lawful basis upon which we act are
- Contract – Whereby it is necessary to obtain this information to fulfil a contract of sale with yourselves.
- Legitimate Interest – Where we as a business have a legitimate or commercial reason to use your data, however this must not go unfairly against what is best for you.
Our legitimate interests may include;
-Keeping you informed of our latest relevant products & services.
- Using your data to evaluate your experience with us and to gain feedback on the services and products provided.
- To determine the success of certain marketing campaigns we may carry out.
- To evaluate how users interact with our website.
You have the right to access, correct, block and delete the data we hold about you at any time if you feel there is no need for us to keep it. You can do so by contacting us on 01702 680155, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post Instruments4Music Ltd, Osprey House, 8A Featherby Way, Rochford SS4 1LD.
If there is a legal reason that your personal information must be kept, we will notify you.
Who We Share Your Data With
In order to complete some tasks, it is absolutely necessary to share limited amounts of your data with other trusted companies we partner with, these include;
- Courier Companies and the Postal Service – For the purpose of delivering and corresponding with you about your parcel or our services.
- Payment Gateways – For the verification of card details and fraud protection.
- Review Platforms – For the purpose of ensuring you received the high level of service we pride ourselves on.
- Other Suppliers or Manufacturers – If your selected product or service is to be shipped or supplied direct from them rather than ourselves. Or whereby they are dealing with a fault or service you require.
- Marketing Companies – *See Marketing Information
- Where Legally required – For the prevention of fraud or as requested by any legal authority.
Children's Online Privacy
We do not solicit or knowingly collect information from children. Any information you provide should not be that of anyone under the age of 16 & all accounts held with us must be in the name of an appropriate adult over the age of 16.
We may use the information you have provided to send you relevant information or offers that we feel may be of interest. The personal information we use for this will be the information you have provided or from other parties we may work with. We will never sell or rent your data to any third party.
Our basis for using your data in this way is the lawful basis of "legitimate interest" as explained above, where we as a commercial business have a legitimate interest to provide you with our latest product information & where such information is specifically targeted and therefore of potential interest to yourself.
You have the right to choose if and how we market you. You can automatically opt out of marketing whilst placing your order by web or by phone, and can change your preferences at any time by contacting us. Please note that changing your marketing preferences will not affect correspondence about current orders, invoices or review requests, which are deemed part of our service, not marketing. Your marketing preferences will always take place over any of our own interests.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We will keep your data on file for as long as you are a customer of Instruments4Music Ltd unless you ask us to remove it. This is so we can
1) Respond to any questions or complaints about your transactions with us.
2) Maintain records that apply to us.
Note; We will not further process data held on your account for the purpose of marketing after 2 years of inactive use.
Using our Website
By using our website and submitting the data mentioned, you agree for it to be stored and processed in this way and is as necessary to complete your transaction or enquiry.